Wednesday 3 June 2009

Euro champs last weekend

Vandal rider Mathew Burge blog on the european championships

So after a bad weekend two weeks ago in Czech Republic i had abit of a point to prove to myself and some of the other riders who i was up against.
This time around though i was riding for team gb and felt alot more confident, the other gb riders in my class usually always beat me at every competition i go to but this weekend was an exception i felt really good going into the event had a really good practice session and every started flowing from the first section. I had a couple of silly mistakes but wasn't fased by them i just kept riding my own trial just worrying about what i do. The sections were awesome as well, it was very much like what im used to riding back at home techie rocks instead of massive hooks and side hops so i really felt comfortable i even got some sections done in 30seconds when you get a time limit of 2 minutes so i was really on top form. So i finished the day in 13th place which im over the moon about because i had beaten my position in Czech broke into the top 15 and was top brit rider from the day beating quite a phew pro riders, i really didn't expect it being my first year of doing competitions abroad!
(massive euro photo blog coming over the weekend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment